Iris Open Space Guide
Under the new General Data Protection Regulations, we are unable to email any documents which contain personal data and accordingly, we have put in place a system called Iris OpenSpace which will be used to email documents such as letters, Accounts, Tax Return checklists, Tax Returns and other documents to you for your retrieval, review and approval. You can also exchange documents with us by going onto your Client Portal and uploading the documents.
To access these documents, you will need to register with a password by clicking on the link you receive through your email. Once this initial registration has been set up, in future you may access your documents on Iris OpenSpace through this link https://evaccountants.irisopenspace.co.uk/ and follow the instructions.
How to sign and approve documents
Once we have completed your Tax Return, we will send it to you for your signature together with other relevant documents (which will require your approval) on Iris Open Space. Please follow the instructions below to e-Approve and e-Sign your documents.
- Select “Approve” and a pop-out appears
- Click on “Approve”
- Select “Sign”
- Click on “Review Signature”, which is below “Pending Actions” on the top left side of the page. This will take you to the signature space on the document.
- Click on the blue “Signature” box and a pop up will appear “Apply Signature” allowing you do so in one of 3 ways,
- Draw (using your mouse)
- Text (using your keyboard)
- Upload (using a pre-saved signature file)
- After adding your signature, click on “Sign & Apply All” which means all signatures on that document will be completed
- Click on “Approve” on the bottom right of the screen
How to upload documents
Documents that have been saved or scanned onto your computer such as accounts or tax information spreadsheets, manually completed checklists, forms P60 and P11D, dividend vouchers, tax deduction certificates etc. may all be sent to us thorough Iris Open Space. Files in pdf, word, excel, csv and picture (jpg/jpeg) formats can all be uploaded to your Iris OpenSpace account. Once you are in your Iris Open Space account, please follow the steps below to upload your documents.
- Click on “Home” located on the top left-hand corner of your screen.
- Click on “Upload File” located on the bar below the “Home” button.
- Select the account you want to upload the document into (applicable if you are a user of more than one Open Space account e.g. limited company and personal account)
- Click on “Documents” folder.
- Click on the blue button called “Add Files” located on the bottom left-hand corner of the enhanced box.
- Select the file(s) you want to upload from your computer and click “Open.”
- To add files, instead of following steps 5 and 6 above, you can drag and drop the files into the enhanced box.
- Once all files have been added, please click on “Upload” on the bottom right-hand corner of the enhanced box to upload.